It is with great pride and happiness, within a challenging context for the tourism sector, that Portugal has just been elected, for the fourth consecutive year, the Best Destination in Europe in the 2020 edition of the Worlds Travel Awards, the “Oscars of Tourism”, a distinction awarded by professionals in the sector whose ceremony, this year, took place in a virtual format.
The city of Porto won the award for Best City Break Destination in Europe, Lisbon was distinguished as the Best European Cruise Destination and the Algarve is again the Best Beach Destination in Europe, with a total of 21 awards attributed to Portugal in the various categories.
For the world edition of these awards, the voting has already ended and the results will be known on November 27th.
Feel free to take a look at the complete list of awards (21) attributed to Portugal at the World Travel Awards 2020 – Europe Edition:
- Europe’s Leading Design Hotel 2020 – 1908 Lisboa Hotel
- Europe’s Leading Luxury Hotel 2020 – Belmond Reid’s Palace
- Europe’s Leading Lifestyle Resort 2020 – Conrad Algarve
- Europe’s Leading Tourism Development Project 2020 – Dark Sky Alqueva
- Europe’s Responsible Tourism Award 2020 – Dark Sky Alqueva
- Europe’s Leading Luxury Resort & Villas 2020 – Dunas Douradas Beach Club SA
- Europe’s Leading Wine Region Hotel 2020 – L’AND Vineyards
- Europe’s Leading Cruise Destination 2020 – Lisbon, Portugal
- Europe’s Leading Cruise Port 2020 – Lisbon Cruise Port
- Europe’s Most Romantic Resort 2020 – Monte Santo Resort
- Europe’s Leading Adventure Tourist Attraction 2020 – Passadiços do Paiva (Arouca UNESCO Global Geopark), Portugal
- Europe’s Leading Lifestyle Hotel 2020 – Pestana CR7 Lisboa, Lifestyle Hotel
- Europe’s Leading All-Inclusive Resort 2020 – Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive Beach & Spa Resort
- Europe’s Leading City Break Destination 2020 – Porto, Portugal
- Europe’s Leading Boutique Hotel 2020 – Sublime Comporta
- Europe’s Leading Airline to Africa 2020 – TAP Air Portugal
- Europe’s Leading Airline to South America 2020 – TAP Air Portugal_
- Europe’s Leading Inflight Magazine 2020 – Up Magazine (TAP Air Portugal)
- Europe’s Leading Destination 2020 – Portugal
- Europe’s Leading Beach Destination 2020 – The Algarve, Portugal
- Europe’s Leading Luxury Boutique Hotel 2020 – Valverde Hotel
The World Travel Awards began to be awarded in 1993, recognizing the work developed in the area of the tourism industry at a global level, in order to stimulate the competitiveness and quality of tourism. The selection of nominees is carried out worldwide by thousands of professionals in the sector, who choose their favorites every year.