Dolphin & whale watching in Madeira - catamaran
Are you ready for dolphin & whale watching in Madeira on a catamaran?
The Madeiran waters are very rich in cetaceans, with at least 22 species recorded out of the approximately 75 species worldwide. Within 5 kilometers of the shore, the ocean floor reaches a depth of more than 3,000 meters. This means that on most days these ocean-going creatures are swimming by right on your doorstep! The periodic migration of various species of cetaceans frequent the waters of Madeira in search of food, as an area of reproduction and, for at least one species, as its habitat.
We have special prices for families. The family pack includes 2 adults and up to 4 children under 13 years of age. Child prices apply to kids from 5 to 12 years old and children above the age of 13 are considered adults. Children under 5 do not need to pay a ticket but we need to know they'll participate.
- 3-hour boat tour on a catamaran to go whale watching in Madeira and cruise along the stunning South Coast of the island;
- Dolphin and whale watching in Madeira can be done all year round, depending on sea and weather conditions;
- The most common species of these massive dwellers of the sea that can be spotted on the Madeira coast are: Common dolphin, Spotted dolphin, bottlenose dolphin, sperm whale, pilot whale, beaked whale and fin whale.
- The excursion is a real adventure where the experienced skippers will do their best to find these lovable marine mammals. As they are wild species and we want to be sure you see them. So, if on your first trip with us, there are no sightings of cetaceans (neither dolphins nor whales), we offer you a second trip entirely free;
- This boat tour is the perfect combination of the two most popular things to do in Madeira: cetaceous watching and coastal boat tours;
- Extremely comfortable boat, suitable for all ages. The boat has toilet facilities and a bar service.
- Bring sunscreen, swimming gear and a towel;
- Safety briefing and life-jackets included;
- Food and drinks are not included but there is a bar on board;
- Please check-in 20 minutes before departure in the Marina of Funchal;
- We’ll send you detailed tour operator information, including phone number and address, in your confirmation email.
Similar experiences in Madeira
Sailing boat charter in Madeira
On this sailing boat charter you can explore the amazing coastline of Madeira on a sailing boat...
Sunset tour in Madeira on a catamaran
The best way to end a beautiful day during your holidays in Madeira? Definitely a sunset tour i...
Boat tour to Desertas Islands in Madeira
Discover Madeira's secret natural gem on this full-day boat tour to Desertas Islands with chanc...
Full day boat cruise in Madeira - Fajãs
This full day boat cruise in Madeira will take you on a relaxing day out to admire the rough an...