Ria Formosa birdwatching boat tour
- Bird Watching
Are you ready for a Ria Formosa Birdwatching Boat Tour?
Do you love being outside in nature and observe the magical coming and going of birds? On this Ria Formosa birdwatching boat tour, you can admire the big variety of rare bird species in the Ria Formosa Natural Park just outside of Faro.
The friendly and experienced crew will welcome you on board of the comfortable boat at the Doca de Recreio in Faro. Come on board and take a seat in the sun or shade, and get ready for a beautiful 2-hour boat trip in Ria Formosa. Did you know that the protected area of Ria Formosa is one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal? It is also the most important wetland for aquatic birds in Portugal, and home to many special species you can’t find anywhere else around.
During the Ria Formosa birdwatching boat tour you can observe birds like White Stork (Ciconia ciconia), Little Egret (Egretta garzetta) and the Spoonbill (Platalea leucorodia), Whimbrel (Numenius phaeopus), Turnstones (Arenaria interpres) and the Grey Plover (Pluvialis squatarola). We will also pass by the oyster and clam farms, which are an important economic part of this region. But don’t worry, the captain will happily tell you all about it! Through your binoculars which are included you may also see a Black-tailed Godwit (Limosa limosa) or an Oystercatcher (Haematopus ostralegus).
Once we reach the point where Ria Formosa meets the sea, there will be more species to find! Depending on the time of year we usually find Little Terns (Sterna albifrons), Kentish Plovers (Charadrius alexandrinus) Sandwich Terns (Sterna sandvicensis) and Greater Flamingos (Phoenicopterus roseus) around here!
This Ria Formosa birdwatching boat tour is perfect for all bird-lovers and people who simply want to enjoy nature at its fullest! What are you waiting for? Come join us now for this unique experience!
- Observe rare and localized species that cannot be found anywhere near;
- A local marine expert will tell you everything about the birds you find along the experience;
- This experience will give you access exclusive areas far from the busy touristic areas;
- Enjoy the view over the amazing coastline from a unique perspective;
- A visit to this marine reserve is a true must for all nature lovers visiting the region;
- A safety briefing by a multilingual guide, insurance and life-jackets are included;
- All you need to enjoy nature to the fullest is included: guide, binoculars and informative brochure;
- A local captain will give you onboard commentary about the sights;
- We recommend bringing sunscreen and comfortable clothes;
- Food is not included. Feel free to bring your own;
- Please check-in 20 minutes before the start of the experience;
- All sea experiences are subject to the weather and sea conditions. In case of bad conditions, we'll contact you to reschedule or arrange a refund;
- Detailed tour operator information, including local phone number and exact address, is included in your confirmation email;
Book ahead to guarantee your seat
Ria Formosa birdwatching boat tourSubmit your Inquiry