Lagos cave tour
Are you ready for a Lagos cave tour?
- The Lagos cave tour to Ponta da Piedade is suitable for all ages as the boarding facilities are very good;
- You’ll be guided by a local skipper who speaks Portuguese and English;
- The boats are small enough to get really close to the caves and rocks;
- From the boat, you’ll be amazed by the unique colors of nature: the brown of the rocks and the blues of the sea and the sky.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat;
- Safety briefing and life-jackets included;
- Please check-in at the Marina of Lagos 15 minutes before the start of the event;
- Detailed information, including phone number and address of the tour operator, are included on your confirmation email.
FAQ about the Lagos grotto tour
- Do you need to know how to swim for this Lagos grotto tour? No, you’ll get onto the boat in the Marina of Lagos and you’ll almost won’t get wet as the tour finishes in the Marina too.
- Can you get off the boat for a swim? No, no swimming is allowed on this tour. The only way to swim on this tour is to book a longer coastal boat tour in Lagos.
- Do we see Ponta da Piedade? Yes, you will see Ponta da Piedade and many other caves around the area of Praia Dona Ana and Praia do Camilo.
- Is this grotto boat tour suitable for babies and pregnant women? Yes, when the sea is calm, these sea cave tours are suitable for all ages. We also have life jackets for babies. Pregnant women are welcome. The boat driver will adapt the speed according to the guests onboard.
- What’s the minimum and maximum age for this trip? There are no minimum or maximum ages. The boats are designed for a very smooth boarding process. We even take people in wheelchairs! Children under 10 years old pay the children price.
- Is the use of lifejackets mandatory? Are there lifejackets for children available? Yes and yes.
- Can you take your camera and phone with you on the grotto tours in Lagos? Yes, it’s OK to take your camera and phone with you on the tour, but we are not responsible for any damages or losses that may happen.
- How many people go on each boat? Each boat takes 9 people and 1 skipper/guide. If you need more than 9 seats, we can take several boats or a bigger one. For charters or private tours, please get in touch with us for a personalized offer.
- What’s the best time to do this grotto tour? Highly recommended are the morning trips because normally there is less wind in the morning and the sea is calmer, but the evening trips may give you a prettier light. It’s up to you. All trips are amazing 😉 This is a great boat tour at any time.
- Can you pay by card? Yes, you can pay the balance due upon check-in by card or in cash in the office in the Train Station.
- What happens if the boat tour is cancelled? The boat tours are always subject to the weather and sea conditions. If the tour is expected to be cancelled, you'll be contacted to try to reschedule. It may happen that the tours are cancelled last minute. We’re sorry, but this can happen as the sea can be rather unforeseeable and we aim for your safety first. You’ll always be 100% refunded.
Similar experiences in Lagos
Boat trip to Ponta da Piedade
On holidays in Lagos? A boat trip to Ponta da Piedade is a must! The coastline of Lagos is worl...
Private Grotto Cruise in Lagos
If you are looking for a classy way to explore the region around the famous Ponta da Piedade, j...
Coastal cruise in Lagos
This coastal cruise in Lagos takes you to explore the enchanting coastline from Ponta da Piedad...
Coastal boat tour in Lagos with swimming
The blue waters of Lagos surely invite you for a refreshing swim. If you do want to enjoy a fre...