Lagos cave tour
Clean & Safe
Are you ready for a Lagos cave tour?
If we talk about must-see in Lagos, the famous rock formations of Ponta da Piedade is inescapable. That’s why this Lagos cave tour to Ponta da Piedade is a true must during your stay in the Southwest of Portugal.
This boat trip to Ponta da Piedade takes about 1h15min and departs from the comfortable Lagos Marina. Each boat takes up to 9 passengers and 1 skipper. Small groups allow for a very personal experience as you can ask the skipper all you'd like to know! The skipper will be your guide. On this tour, be prepared to get to know many interesting insights about Lagos and its impressive rock formations with your local guide.
From the Marina, the cave trip in Lagos, once you reach the Atlantic, will immediately turn right. Along the coast to Ponta de Piedade, the grotto trip in Lagos will pass by some of the most emblematic beaches of the region like Praia da Batata, Praia Dona Ana, Praia do Camilo and other secluded beaches. The guide will tell you the names of the beaches and how to reach them as well as the funny names of the caves and rock formations. Did you know most of them have been named?
Around Ponta da Piedade, get your cameras ready! You’ll be able to observe some very unique rock formations which colors impressively contrast to the turquoise waters. Let the skipper impress you with their outstanding boating skills, while they maneuver closely along the rocks and even in the caves!
- The Lagos cave tour to Ponta da Piedade is suitable for all ages as the boarding facilities are very good;
- You’ll be guided by a local skipper who speaks Portuguese and English;
- The boats are small enough to get really close to the caves and rocks;
- From the boat, you’ll be amazed by the unique colors of nature: the brown of the rocks and the blues of the sea and the sky.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat;
- Safety briefing and life-jackets included;
- Please check-in at the Marina of Lagos 15 minutes before the start of the event;
- Detailed information, including phone number and address of the tour operator, are included on your confirmation email.
FAQ about the Lagos grotto tour
- Do you need to know how to swim for this Lagos grotto tour? No, you’ll get onto the boat in the Marina of Lagos and you’ll almost won’t get wet as the tour finishes in the Marina too.
- Can you get off the boat for a swim? No, no swimming is allowed on this tour. The only way to swim on this tour is to book a longer coastal boat tour in Lagos.
- Do we see Ponta da Piedade? Yes, you will see Ponta da Piedade and many other caves around the area of Praia Dona Ana and Praia do Camilo.
- Is this grotto boat tour suitable for babies and pregnant women? Yes, when the sea is calm, these sea cave tours are suitable for all ages. We also have life jackets for babies. Pregnant women are welcome. The boat driver will adapt the speed according to the guests onboard.
- What’s the minimum and maximum age for this trip? There are no minimum or maximum ages. The boats are designed for a very smooth boarding process. We even take people in wheelchairs! Children under 10 years old pay the children price.
- Is the use of lifejackets mandatory? Are there lifejackets for children available? Yes and yes.
- Can you take your camera and phone with you on the grotto tours in Lagos? Yes, it’s OK to take your camera and phone with you on the tour, but we are not responsible for any damages or losses that may happen.
- How many people go on each boat? Each boat takes 9 people and 1 skipper/guide. If you need more than 9 seats, we can take several boats or a bigger one. For charters or private tours, please get in touch with us for a personalized offer.
- What’s the best time to do this grotto tour? Highly recommended are the morning trips because normally there is less wind in the morning and the sea is calmer, but the evening trips may give you a prettier light. It’s up to you. All trips are amazing 😉 This is a great boat tour at any time.
- Can you pay by card? Yes, you can pay the balance due upon check-in by card or in cash in the office in the Train Station.
- What happens if the boat tour is cancelled? The boat tours are always subject to the weather and sea conditions. If the tour is expected to be cancelled, you'll be contacted to try to reschedule. It may happen that the tours are cancelled last minute. We’re sorry, but this can happen as the sea can be rather unforeseeable and we aim for your safety first. You’ll always be 100% refunded.
ReviewsSee all reviews
Book ahead to guarantee your seat
Clean & SafeLagos cave tour