Discover the Benagil cave on a boat tour
Are you ready for a Benagil cave tour to Marinha?
FAQ about the 1,5h Benagil cave tour to Marinha:
- Do you need to know how to swim for this Benagil cave boat tour? No, you’ll get onto the boat on the beach but you’ll almost not get wet and the tour finishes there too.
- Can you get off the boat for a swim? No, no swimming is allowed on this tour. The only way to swim on this tour is to book it as a private tour.
- Can you get off the boat in the cave of Benagil? No. Local legislation doesn't allow passengers to disembark in the Benagil cave. However, we'll enter the cave as much as we can by boat and stay there so you can admire it and take some unique pictures.
- Can you get in the cave on the Benagil tours? On most of our Benagil tours we can get into the Benagil cave. Being able to enter the cave depends on sea conditions. When the sea is flat, the boat gets inside the caves. The bigger the waves, the less close we can get. We’ll guarantee that even if we cannot go into the cave, you’ll get an impressive view of it!
- Is this Benagil boat tour suitable for infants and pregnant women? Yes, when the sea is calm, these cave tours are suitable for all ages. We also have life jackets for babies. Pregnant women are welcome. The boat driver will adapt the speed according to the guests onboard.
- How many caves will you see? This also depends on the sea conditions, but in general, we see around 10 to 12 different caves!
- Can you take your camera and phone with you on the Benagil tours? Yes, it’s OK to take your camera and phone with you on the tour, but we are not responsible for any damages or losses that may happen.
- How many people go on each boat? Each boat takes 11 people. If you need more than 11 seats, we can take several boats. For charters or private tours, please get in touch with us for a personalized offer.
- What’s the best time to do this Benagil tour? We usually recommend the morning trips, the earlier the better. In fact, normally there is less wind in the morning and the sea is calmer, but the evening trips may give you a prettier light. It’s up to you. All trips are amazing 😉
- What’s the minimum and maximum age for this trip? There are no minimum or maximum ages. The boats are designed for a very smooth boarding process. Children under 10 years old pay the children price.
- Is the use of lifejackets mandatory? Are there lifejackets for children available? Yes and yes.
- Can you pay by card? No, please bring cash to pay the remaining amount of your ticket in cash.
- What happens if you book and come and the Benagil cave boat tour is cancelled? The boat tours are always subject to the weather and sea conditions. If we expect the tour to be cancelled, we will get in touch with you in the evening before your tour. It may happen that occasionally, the tours are cancelled last minute. We’re sorry, this may happen. You’ll always be 100% refunded.
Get your cameras out, because the famous caves will provide for some great snapshots;
In small groups, a more personal and fun experience is guaranteed;
Smart, young and skilled staff, willing to provide you an unforgettable experience;
This experience will give you access exclusive areas far from the busy touristic areas;
All sea experiences are subject to the weather and sea conditions. In case of bad conditions, we'll contact you to reschedule or arrange a refund;
Detailed tour operator information, including local phone number and exact address, is included in your confirmation email;
No swimming is allowed on this tour, sorry;
Please check-in 20 minutes before the start of the experience;
We recommend bringing sunscreen and comfortable clothes;
You'll pay a deposit to place your booking request and pay the remaining once your booking is confirmed, with the tour operator
A local captain will give you onboard commentary about the sights;
A safety briefing by a multilingual guide, insurance and life-jackets are included;
ReviewsSee all reviews