Dolphin watching Lagos
Are you ready for a boat tour to go dolphin watching Lagos?
We’ll depart from the modern Marina of Lagos and head towards the Atlantic on a 90 minutes adventure. Come aboard on one of our rigid inflatable passenger boats, one of the largest ones of Europe. Let’s go and feel the excitement of searching for these beautiful creatures in their natural habitat on this dolphin watching tour from Lagos.
FAQ about the dolphin tours in Lagos
- Do you need to know how to swim for this dolphin watching tour? No, you’ll get onto the boat in the Marina and you’ll almost won’t get wet as the tour finishes in the Marina too.
- Can you get off the boat for a swim? No, no swimming is allowed on this tour. In Portugal, swimming with dolphins is only permitted in the Azores and Madeira;
- Do we always see dolphins? No. Dolphins are wild animals and they’re not fed. We never know if we’ll find them. It’s a true adventure. We have a very experienced staff that knows the sea like no other and manage to spot dolphins on almost all our trips. But there’s a small chance to have tough luck. The tour is always great fun, though, with impressive sights over the coastline.
- How close can you get to the dolphins? This really depends on the species of the dolphins we find and what their mood is at that moment. Some dolphins, like bottlenose dolphins, love to give us a show when we see them. Common dolphins are nice to see when they’re feeding, as they get really excited. Sometimes, the dolphins come close enough to touch, other times, we may find a pod that's less interested or shyer. It really depends.
- Are the dolphins fed? No, the dolphins are not fed. They are wild animals and we will try to interfere with them the minimum as possible. We also only stay with them for a limited period of time, which is set by law, to not bother them too much.
- Are there dolphins all year round? Yes, the dolphins are around the whole year. And this dolphin watching tour runs all year round.
- Is it possible to observe other species than dolphins? Of course! As we said before, the dolphin watching tours are a true adventure. You never know if you’ll find a cetacean and if so, what species. On this tour, we also frequently find turtles, orcas and several species of whales.
- Is this dolphin watching tour suitable for babies and pregnant women? No. The dolphin watching tours on Rigid Inflatable Boats (RIBs) are not recommended for babies under 3 years old, pregnant women not people with back and neck problems.
- Is the use of lifejackets mandatory? Are there lifejackets for children available? Yes and yes.
- Can you take your camera and phone with you on the dolphin watching? Yes, it’s OK to take your camera and phone with you on the tour, but we are not responsible for any damages or losses that may happen.
- How many people go on each boat? Each boat takes 12 people and 2 skippers/guides or 20 people and 2 skippers/guides. If you need more than 12 seats, we can take several boats or a bigger one. For charters or private tours, please get in touch with us for a personalized offer.
- Should I book my dolphin watching in advance? Yes, we always recommend booking in advance. In high season, boats get often fully booked!
- What’s the best time to go dolphin watching? We highly recommend the morning trips, the earlier the better. In fact, normally there is less wind in the morning and the sea is calmer, but the evening trips may give you a prettier light. It’s up to you. All trips are amazing 😉 This is a great sea experience at any time.
- Can you pay by card? Yes, you can pay the balance due upon check-in by card or in cash.
- What happens if you book and come and the boat tour is cancelled? The dolphin tours are always subject to the weather and sea conditions. If the tour is expected to be cancelled, you will be contacted in the evening before your tour to try to reschedule. It may occasionally happen that the tours are cancelled last-minute. We’re sorry, but this can happen as the sea can be rather unforeseeable and we want your safety above all. You’ll always be 100% refunded.
Extremely high chance of spotting wild dolphins with the experienced crew;
Search for and observe wild dolphins and other marine life in their natural habitat;
This experience is a good choice for families and groups of friends who are passionate about the ocean, nature and adventure;
This experience is always a true adventure as you never know which species you're going to find;
This experience provides a close encounter with these wonderful mammals;
A wind jacket may be useful;
Detailed tour operator information, including local phone number and exact address, is included in your confirmation email;
Please check-in 20 minutes before the start of the experience;
The minimum age is 2 years old;
This experience does not include food and drinks so feel free to bring your own;
This tour is not suitable for pregnant women or people with back/neck problems;
We recommend bringing sunscreen and comfortable clothes;
You'll pay a deposit to place your booking request and pay the remaining once your booking is confirmed, with the tour operator
A local captain will give you onboard commentary about the sights;
A safety briefing by a multilingual guide, insurance and life-jackets are included;
ReviewsSee all reviews
Similar experiences in Lagos
Coast and Dolphins in Lagos
The dolphin watching tours in Lagos are very popular. On this tour along the coast and to the d...
Dolphin Observation in Lagos with Marine Biologists
The dolphin observation in Lagos is one of the most popular things to do when on holidays in th...
Coastal cruise in Lagos
This coastal cruise in Lagos takes you to explore the enchanting coastline from Ponta da Piedad...
Lagos sailing boat trip with lunch
During this Lagos sailing boat trip with lunch you will sail in the Bay of Lagos and along the ...