Are you ready for a dolphin watching cruise in Portimão?
Did you know that you can do dolphin watching in Algarve? And it’s not watching dolphins in a closed space, but instead free wild dolphins in their natural habitat! On this dolphin watching cruise, the experienced crew will take you out on an unforgettable experience of a close encounter with those magical creatures.
This 2-hour dolphin watching trip to see wild dolphins starts from the Convento de São Francisco, close to the Museum. Here you will come on board the fast and stable boats, with which we will take you out on the deep blue of the Atlantic Ocean. There are many pods of dolphins passing by the Algarve coast all year round. Thanks to the experienced skippers, there is a 95% chance of finding wild dolphins on the dolphin watching cruise in Portimão. Since they are not being fed, it is always a surprise when and where you will see a fin popping out of the water!
Seeing these beautiful creatures being happy and in freedom is a truly unforgettable encounter. The boats will keep a respectful distance and respect the space of the animals. After all, we’re just visiting them in their home! Sometimes there are some real showmen amongst the dolphins that will start performing impressive jumps for you!
What are you waiting for? If you love nature, the ocean and animals, this dolphin watching cruise in Portimão is the best thing to do during your holidays in the Algarve!
- Seeing these mammals in their natural habitat is really a magical moment;
- Extremely high chance of spotting wild dolphins with the experienced crew;
- Enjoy the view over the amazing coastline from a unique perspective;
- A safety briefing, insurance and life-jackets are included;
- A two-way transfer is optional. Please mention you'd like to use this service in the notes upon booking and let us know your address so we can get in touch with rates and schedules;
- We recommend bringing sunscreen, swimming gear, a hat and a towel;
- Please check-in 30 minutes before the start of the experience;
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women or people with back/neck problems;
- The minimum age is 2 years old;
- Detailed tour operator information, including local phone number and exact address, is included in your confirmation email;
- All sea experiences are subject to the weather and sea conditions. In case of bad conditions, we'll contact you to reschedule or arrange a refund;