Dolphin watching and island tour in Ria Formosa
Are you ready for a dolphin watching and island tour in Ria Formosa?
For all nature-lovers visiting the region around Faro, we have this special tour that combines two of the best tours in the Algarve: Dolphin watching and island tour in Ria Formosa! The famous Natural Reserve of Ria Formosa just outside of Faro is home to a broad variety of rare species of flora and fauna, and close to it you can also find wild dolphins. Join us for this unforgettable experience!
This unique boat tour starts from Cais da Porta Nova in Faro and will take you on a full day of dolphin watching and island tour in Ria Formosa. We will first cruise past the famous Cabo de Santa Maria to reach the Atlantic Ocean. Here we will look for wild dolphins in their natural habitat. Thanks to the experienced crew, you will be able to observe dolphins in the best way: in freedom!
Our next stop will be Farol Island, where you can relax and enjoy some time on land. Feel free to visit the local village or the beautiful lighthouse. After all this excitement you will be hungry, so we will take you to the famous Culatra Island. Here you can enjoy a delicious lunch at a typical fish restaurant or bring your own food. After spending 2 hours on Culatra, we will continue to Hangares Island to admire the local Oyster farms.
Before returning back to Faro, we will make one final stop at Deserta Island where you can have fun snorkeling in the crystal clear waters (masks included). Surely there is no better way to spend a day during your holidays than this dolphin watching and island tour in Ria Formosa!
- Very spacious sundeck giving you the opportunity to lay in the sun or the shade;
- Feel free to take a refreshing dive and enjoy a swim;
- Search for and observe wild dolphins and other marine life in their natural habitat;
- Enjoy the view over the amazing coastline from a unique perspective;
- A safety briefing by a multilingual guide, insurance and life-jackets are included;
- A local captain will give you onboard commentary about the sights;
- We have gear onboard to try some snorkeling;
- We recommend bringing sunscreen, swimming gear, a hat and a towel;
- Please check-in 15 minutes before the start of the experience;
- This experience does not include food and drinks so feel free to bring your own;
- The minimum age is 5 years old;
- Detailed tour operator information, including local phone number and exact address, is included in your confirmation email;
- All sea experiences are subject to the weather and sea conditions. In case of bad conditions, we'll contact you to reschedule or arrange a refund;
Book ahead to guarantee your seat
Dolphin watching and island tour in Ria FormosaBook now