Are you ready for a fun boat tour to Berlenga island?
If you’re staying around the area of Peniche, you should definitely go on this boat tour to Berlenga island. The Berlenga islands are a few smaller islands and one big island off the coast of Peniche. This natural reserve is a true paradise and a must-see during your stay in Peniche.
Peniche is a fishing village, located on the coastline of Portugal. This boat tour to Berlenga islands starts from the Marina in Peniche and takes about 4,5 hours.
From here, we’ll take one of the three possible routes to the biggest island, depending on the sea and weather conditions on the day. On the way there, you will be able to admire the amazing landscapes of the smaller islands and the coastline of Peniche! The trip itself on one of the fast boats will take about 20 minutes (we also have more relaxed boats, which take about 40 minutes, which can be more suitable for younger children).
You’ll be boarding one of the modern and safe boats by a local tour operator which was founded by two brothers, local fishermen who brought all their knowledge and experience of navigation around the Peniche area. The company was consolidated with the help of a young team that absorbed that knowledge adding dynamics and friendliness.
The famous Berlengas archipelago is located about 6 miles from Peniche and consists of the Berlenga, Estelas and Farilhões islands. Only Berlenga Island is inhabited. Did you know these islands are considered a UNESCO Biosphere Nature Reserve since 2011? In fact, the area is very rich in fauna and flora.
There are many things to do on the islands. You can stroll along the trails, embark on a tour to the caves, visit the Fort of São João Batista, the Duque de Bragança Lighthouse or the Visitors Center.
This guided tour to Berlengas natural reserve is an unforgettable experience for nature lovers and we have several options for all tastes and budgets:
- Return trip to Berlenga Island
- Return trip to Berlenga Island + caves tour + guided walk
- Return trip to Berlenga Island + caves tour + guided walk + snorkeling gear
You can pick your option upon booking. Whatever you choose to do, you surely will enjoy this boat trip.
Grab your family and/or friends and let’s go explore this hidden natural paradise on this fun boat tour.
On this tour extra safety procedures are applied, to ensure all Covid-19 measures are guaranteed.
- Visit the stunning Berlengas just outside of Peniche during this 4,5-hour boat tour;
- Spend a day of fun in the sun! Along the way you will be able to admire some amazing places and learn all about the history of the region;
- Access places far away from busy touristic towns;
- If you’re staying in the region of Peniche, this visit is a must-do and a lot of fun for the whole family!
- Bring sunscreen, swimming gear, towel and a hat;
- Safety-briefing, swim vests and snorkelling equipment included;
- Food and drinks are not included, but you can bring your own;
- Please check-in at the Marina of Peniche 15 minutes before the start of the event;
- Detailed information, including phone number and address of the tour operator, are included on your confirmation email.