Are you ready for a birdwatching tour in the Azores?
The archipelago of the Azores is a true paradise for marine wildlife! The coast and sea around the islands is blessed with a big variety of rare and special bird species and other wildlife.
This fun birdwatching tour in the Azores starts from Marina of Vila Franca do Campo,
where you will meet your local crew for this tour. Come on board of the fast and stable Zodiac Rib boat
that will take you out to sea to look for some amazing wildlife. The boat has space for up to 12 people, so you can bring your family and friends (minimum age 4 years).
Once everybody has taken their seats, you will receive a short briefing from your skipper. The team will make sure that we respect the nature and delicate ecosystem at all times during this birdwatching tour in the Azores, and also will explain some basic rules to you.
During this 3-hour boat cruise we will take you out to sea and look for some of the many bird species that can be found around here all year around. Some of the species we usually find are Barolo Shearwater, Common and Roseate Terns, Yellow legged Gulls, Bulwer’s Petrel, Wilson’s and Madeiran Storm-petrels, Great Shearwater, Leach’s Storm-petrel, and many more!
You can always ask the marine biologists on board about any species and learn a lot of new things during the tour. Binoculars are also included to make sure you can really admire the wildlife. If we're lucky, we might even see some other marine wildlife of the Azores islands like dolphins.
This birdwatching tour in the Azores is a wonderful experience for nature lovers as well as experienced birdwatchers. It is also a great way to explore the coast of the Azores and its surroundings on a fun boat ride on the Atlantic Ocean!
- This boat tour is a good choice for families and groups of friends who are passionate about the ocean, nature and adventure;
- Observe rare and localized species that cannot be found anywhere near;
- A local marine expert will tell you everything about the birds you find along the experience;
- This experience will give you access to exclusive areas far from the busy touristic areas;
- A safety briefing by a multilingual guide, insurance and life-jackets are included;
- All you need to enjoy nature to the fullest is included: guide, binoculars and informative brochure;
- We recommend bringing sunscreen and comfortable clothes;
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women or people with back/neck problems;
- The minimum age is 4 years old;
- Please check-in 20 minutes before the start of the experience;
- Detailed tour operator information, including local phone number and exact address, is included in your confirmation email.