Benagil excursion from PortimãoInstant Booking
Are you ready for a Benagil excursion from Portimão?
The Benagil excursion from Portimão is the best way to explore the coastline of Benagil. At the Clube Naval de Portimão, you’ll comfortably get on board on our modern grotto boats which takes 18 participants and two members of crew. The boats are small enough to truly access the caves and when the ocean tide allows, to get into them and make impressive pictures!
This tour is suitable for all ages, from babies to grandparents! To make your holidays in the Algarve unforgettable, book this Benagil excursion from Portimão now.
FAQ about the Benagil cave tour
- Do you need to know how to swim for this Benagil cave boat tour? No, you’ll get onto the boat at the Clube Naval and you’ll almost won’t get wet and the tour finishes at the Clube Naval too.
- Can you get off the boat for a swim? No, no swimming is allowed on this tour. We have a 2h15 tour with time to swim.
- Do we see the Benagil beach? Yes, you will see both the Benagil beach and Benagil cave.
- Can you get in the cave on the Benagil tours? On most of our Benagil tours, we can get into the Benagil cave. Being able to enter the cave depends on sea conditions. When the sea is flat, we go with the boat inside the caves. The bigger the waves, the less close we can get. We’ll guarantee that even if we cannot go into the cave, you’ll get an impressive view of it! We have a small boat to enter even in the smallest caves.
- Can you get off the boat in the Benagil cave? No. Local legislation doesn't allow passengers to disembark in the Benagil cave. However, we'll enter the cave as much as we can by boat and stay there so you can admire it and take some unique pictures.
- Is this Benagil boat tour suitable for babies and pregnant women? Yes, when the sea is calm, these sea cave tours are suitable for all ages. We also have life jackets for babies. Pregnant women are welcome. The boat driver will adapt the speed according to the guests onboard.
- How many caves will you see? This also depends on the sea conditions, but in general, we see around 10 to 12 different caves!
- Can you take your camera and phone with you on the Benagil tours? Yes, it’s OK to take your camera and phone with you on the tour, but we are not responsible for any damages or losses that may happen.
- How many people go on each boat? Each boat takes 18 people. If you need more than 18 seats, we can take several boats. For charters or private tours, please get in touch with us for a personalized offer.
- What’s the best time to do this Benagil tour? Highly recommend are the morning trips, the earlier the better. In fact, normally there is less wind early in the morning and the sea is calmer, but the evening trips may give you a prettier light. It’s up to you. All trips are amazing 😉 This is a great tour at any time.
- What’s the minimum and maximum age for this trip? There are no minimum or maximum ages. The boats are designed for a very smooth boarding process. We even take people in wheelchairs! We have a special children price.
- Is the use of lifejackets mandatory? Are there lifejackets for children available? Yes and yes.
- Can you pay by card? No, please bring cash to pay the remaining amount of your ticket in cash.
- What happens if you book and come and the visit to the Benagil caves boat tour is cancelled? The boat tours are always subject to the weather and sea conditions. If we expect the tour to be cancelled, we will get in touch with you in the evening before your tour. It may happen that occasionally, the tours are cancelled last minute. We’re sorry, this may happen. You’ll always be 100% refunded.
Get your cameras out, because the famous caves will provide for some great snapshots;
The perfect activity for your group of friends or family to celebrate special occasions;
This experience can be done all year round, depending on the weather and ocean conditions;
Visit hidden and inaccessible beaches and venture inside dark caves;
All sea experiences are subject to the weather and sea conditions. In case of bad conditions, we'll contact you to reschedule or arrange a refund;
Detailed tour operator information, including local phone number and exact address, is included in your confirmation email;
No swimming is allowed on this tour, sorry;
We recommend bringing sunscreen and comfortable clothes;
You'll pay a deposit to place your booking request and pay the remaining once your booking is confirmed, with the tour operator
A safety briefing by a multilingual guide, insurance and life-jackets are included;
We'll provide you with a bottle of water;
ReviewsSee all reviews