Are you ready for an Arade River cruise?
Did you know that the Algarve
has a lot more to offer than only splendid beaches and a beautiful coastline? Around Silves you can find the Arade river that will take you on a journey back in time to the inland of the Algarve, passing by medieval towns and ancient ruins.
This Arade river cruise starts from the pier in Portimão near the ruins of the old Convent of São Francisco.
Here you will meet the friendly crew that will welcome you on board of the comfortable boat for the next 2 hours.
Once everybody is on board and ready for an unforgettable boat trip, we will leave in the direction of Silves!
On the way there, cruising along the River, we will pass by some hidden jewels of the Algarve, like the fishermen town of Ferragudo, Castle of São João do Arade, and the famous Marina of Portimão. From there we will continue along the river, passing by the Museum of Portimão, which used to be a Canning Fish Factory. The local crew knows all the secret history of this area, so feel free to ask them any questions about the region.
This Arade River cruise will take you along the inland of Portimão until we reach the historic city of Silves. If you’re visiting the Algarve around August, you can even visit an authentic medieval fair in Silves. Seen from the river, it is a beautiful sight to visit and take some amazing pictures.
If you really want to explore the Algarve in an authentic and relaxing way, this Arade River cruise is the best option for your and your group of friends and family. So what are you waiting for? Enjoy this relaxing cruise and book now!
- The experienced skipper knows all the secrets and history of the region, and will happily tell you all about it;
- Get your cameras out, because the famous caves will provide for some great snapshots;
- Enjoy the view over the amazing coastline from a unique perspective;
- The focus of this boat trip is to enjoy the beautiful coastline, but you may be lucky and encounter some wild dolphins or other sea life;
- A safety briefing, insurance and life-jackets are included;
- A local captain will give you onboard commentary about the sights;
- We recommend bringing sunscreen and comfortable clothes;
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women;
- This experience does not include food and drinks so feel free to bring your own;
- Please check-in 20 minutes before the start of the experience;
- Detailed tour operator information, including local phone number and exact address, is included in your confirmation email.