Ria Formosa Island boat trip
Are you ready for a Ria Formosa island boat trip?
If you’re staying around the region of Faro, you probably already heard of the Natural Park Ria Formosa, right? This marine reserve is a true jewel in the Algarve, and on this Ria Formosa island boat trip, we will cruise around to visit Deserta Island and Farol Island.
Meet our friendly and experienced crew at the Clube Naval de Faro for a beautiful 3-hour boat ride along the Ria Formosa. Here you can come on board of our safe and comfortable catamaran with space for up to 12 people to start our cruise to the two beautiful islands.
While we sail along the Ria Formosa Natural Park, make sure to keep your eyes open. Did you know there are many unique and rare bird species in this marine reserve? Along the cruise to the islands of Ria Formosa, you might be able to spot some of them like Grey Heron, the White Stork and many other birds.
Enjoy the view during this Ria Formosa island boat trip. You can admire the oyster and clam farms around Culatra Island while relaxing on board in the sun or shade. Once we reach Farol Island, you can go on land to explore the fisherman village or the famous lighthouse.
On Farol Island, you can also enjoy some time on the long sandy beach! Did you know that the Santa Maria Cape on this island is the most southern part of Portugal? Explore the island and the small fishing village of this region.
After about 1 hour on Farol Island, we will continue our sailing cruise to Deserta Island. Here you can once again go off the boat to explore the unique fauna and flora and colorful marine life of this beautiful island. We will stay about 10-30 minutes on Deserta Island, so feel free to take a walk. If you like, you can of course also just stay on board and relax!
What are you waiting for? This Ria Formosa island boat trip is a great way to explore the region around Faro together with your friends and family!
- A local marine expert will tell you everything about the birds you find along the experience;
- This experience will give you access to exclusive areas far from the busy touristic areas;
- Enjoy the view over the amazing coastline from a unique perspective;
- In small groups, more personal and fun experience is guaranteed;
- A safety briefing by a multilingual guide, insurance and life-jackets are included;
- A local captain will give you onboard commentary about the sights;
- If you feel like a refreshment, take a dive into the crystal-clear ocean;
- We recommend bringing sunscreen, swimming gear, a hat and a towel;
- Wheelchairs are welcome. Please mention this in the notes upon booking;
- Please check-in 20 minutes before the start of the experience;
- Detailed tour operator information, including local phone number and exact address, is included in your confirmation email.
Book ahead to guarantee your seat
Ria Formosa Island boat tripBook now