Are you ready for dolphin watching in Lisbon?
Become an explorer and leave the crowded river and sail into the Ocean. Get immersed in Atlantic's vastness, enjoy the fresh ocean breeze and experience the warm reception of our dolphins and sea birds.
This unique experience dolphin watching in Lisbon is ideal for those looking for a natural escape. Admire the wild landscape, the dolphins, seabirds and other marine life. This experience has 9 out of 10 chances to be more than a regular boat trip. Finding the dolphins is a magic moment that will be remembered for decades.
The expeditions take about 3 hours, but we have an extra hour included if needed. It seems long but time will fly, as your host is a dolphin specialist and will present you the view from a scientist's perspective, taking you on a learning quest, from the prehistory that carved the landscape, to the magnificent creatures of the Ocean.
Other sea creatures that you can find are the moonfish, swordfish, whales, sharks but most likely the seabirds, birds that are rarely seen from the coast, as the northern gannet, shearwater, skuas and petrels.
You'll be taken out by the first licensed
dolphin watching agency in Lisbon
. Your host is a marine biologist
with 12 years of experience
studying these specific cetaceous and whales! Everyone is invited to experience the “shoes” of a researcher and you will learn
the differences between the species and their way of living
We will try our best for you to leave with much more than you arrived! But remember, our expeditions are completely dependent on sea conditions. Our aim is to find wild dolphins in their natural habitat, so we'll work with the boat that suits best the forecast and the group. If you have a specific boat type in mind let us know, we work with many boats!
FAQ about dolphin watching in Lisbon
- Can you swim? No, no swimming is allowed on this tour. In Portugal, swimming with dolphins is only permitted in the Azores and Madeira;
- Do you always see dolphins? No. Dolphins are wild animals and they’re not fed. We never know if we’ll find them. Last year we had a 9 out of 10 success rate and we're getting better! It’s a true adventure.
- Are there dolphins all year round? Yes, they are around the whole year. And this boat tour runs all year round.
- Is it possible to observe other species than dolphins? Of course! As we said before, theboat tours are a true adventure. You never know if you’ll find but seabirds are certain, we also find sea turtles, sharks, whales and once in a wile orcas!
- Is this dolphin tour suitable for babies and pregnant women? No. The tours on Rigid Inflatable Boats (RIBs) are not recommended for babies under 3 years old, pregnant women nor people with back and neck problems. Children must be over 6 years old.
- Is the use of lifejackets mandatory? Are there lifejackets for children available? Yes and yes.
- Can you take your camera and phone with you on this cruise? Yes, it’s OK to take your camera and phone with you on the tour, but we are not responsible for any damages or losses that may happen.
- How many people go on each boat? We normally use boats of 12 or 18 guests and 2 skippers/guides. If you need more, we can take several boats or a bigger one. For charters or private tours, please get in touch with us for a personalized offer
- Should I book my boat tour in advance? Yes, we always recommend booking in advance. In high season, boats get often fully booked!
- What’s the best time to go dolphin watching? We highly recommend the morning trips, the earlier the better. In fact, normally there is less wind in the morning and the sea is calmer, but the evening trips may give you a prettier light. It’s up to you. All trips are amazing 😉 This is a great sea experience at any time.
- What happens if the expedition is cancelled? The boat rides are always subject to the weather and sea conditions. If the tour is expected to be cancelled, you will be contacted to try to reschedule. It may happen that the tours are cancelled last-minute as the sea can be rather unforeseeable and we want your safety above all. You’ll always be 100% refunded.