Dolphin watching in Lisbon
Are you ready for dolphin watching in Lisbon?
This unique experience dolphin watching in Lisbon is ideal for those looking for a natural escape. Admire the wild landscape, the dolphins, seabirds and other marine life. This experience has 9 out of 10 chances to be more than a regular boat trip. Finding the dolphins is a magic moment that will be remembered for decades.
Other sea creatures that you can find are the moonfish, swordfish, whales, sharks but most likely the seabirds, birds that are rarely seen from the coast, as the northern gannet, shearwater, skuas and petrels.
FAQ about dolphin watching in Lisbon
- Can you swim? No, no swimming is allowed on this tour. In Portugal, swimming with dolphins is only permitted in the Azores and Madeira;
- Do you always see dolphins? No. Dolphins are wild animals and they’re not fed. We never know if we’ll find them. Last year we had a 9 out of 10 success rate and we're getting better! It’s a true adventure.
- Are there dolphins all year round? Yes, they are around the whole year. And this boat tour runs all year round.
- Is it possible to observe other species than dolphins? Of course! As we said before, theboat tours are a true adventure. You never know if you’ll find but seabirds are certain, we also find sea turtles, sharks, whales and once in a wile orcas!
- Is this dolphin tour suitable for babies and pregnant women? No. The tours on Rigid Inflatable Boats (RIBs) are not recommended for babies under 3 years old, pregnant women nor people with back and neck problems.
- Is the use of lifejackets mandatory? Are there lifejackets for children available? Yes and yes.
- Can you take your camera and phone with you on this cruise? Yes, it’s OK to take your camera and phone with you on the tour, but we are not responsible for any damages or losses that may happen.
- How many people go on each boat? We normally use boats of 12 or 18 guests and 2 skippers/guides. If you need more, we can take several boats or a bigger one. For charters or private tours, please get in touch with us for a personalized offer
- Should I book my boat tour in advance? Yes, we always recommend booking in advance. In high season, boats get often fully booked!
- What’s the best time to go dolphin watching? We highly recommend the morning trips, the earlier the better. In fact, normally there is less wind in the morning and the sea is calmer, but the evening trips may give you a prettier light. It’s up to you. All trips are amazing 😉 This is a great sea experience at any time.
- What happens if the expedition is cancelled? The boat rides are always subject to the weather and sea conditions. If the tour is expected to be cancelled, you will be contacted to try to reschedule. It may happen that the tours are cancelled last-minute as the sea can be rather unforeseeable and we want your safety above all. You’ll always be 100% refunded.
Enjoy the view over the amazing coastline from a unique perspective;
Search for and observe wild dolphins and other marine life in their natural habitat;
Seeing these mamals in their natural habitat is really a magical moment;
This experience is a good choice for families and groups of friends who are passionate about the ocean, nature and adventure;
We’re sure this experience is one of the most exciting and adventurous experiences during your holidays;
A wind jacket may be useful;
All sea experiences are subject to the weather and sea conditions. In case of bad conditions, we'll contact you to reschedule or arrange a refund;
Detailed tour operator information, including local phone number and exact address, is included in your confirmation email;
Please check-in 15 minutes before the start of the experience;
We recommend bringing sunscreen and comfortable clothes;
A local captain will give you onboard commentary about the sights;
A safety briefing by a multilingual guide, insurance and life-jackets are included;
ReviewsSee all reviews