Dolphin watching in Lisbon
Are you ready for dolphin watching in Lisbon?
- Excursion of about 4 hours departing from Lisbon to enjoy the coast from a different perspective;
- Come and discover the wild dolphins around Lisbon with an enthusiastic marine biologist;
- Come and learn, we will share knowledge in history, science and biology;
- Bring sunscreen and a hat;
- Be prepared for the cool breeze of the sea;
- Includes safety briefing and lifejackets;
- Includes water and snacks, but you can bring something from home too;
- We ask you to check in at the dock 15 minutes before departure;
- We will send information about the tour operator as the phone number and meeting point in the confirmation email.
FAQ about dolphin watching in Lisbon
- Can you swim? No, no swimming is allowed on this tour. In Portugal, swimming with dolphins is only permitted in the Azores and Madeira;
- Do you always see dolphins? No. Dolphins are wild animals and they’re not fed. We never know if we’ll find them. Last year we had a 9 out of 10 success rate and we're getting better! It’s a true adventure.
- Are there dolphins all year round? Yes, the dolphins are around the whole year. And this dolphin tour runs all year round.
- Is it possible to observe other species than dolphins? Of course! As we said before, the dolphin watching tours are a true adventure. You never know if you’ll find but seabirds are certain, we also find sea turtles, sharks, whales and once in a wile orcas!
- Is this dolphin tour suitable for babies and pregnant women? No. The dolphin watching tours on Rigid Inflatable Boats (RIBs) are not recommended for babies under 3 years old, pregnant women nor people with back and neck problems.
- Is the use of lifejackets mandatory? Are there lifejackets for children available? Yes and yes.
- Can you take your camera and phone with you on the dolphin watching? Yes, it’s OK to take your camera and phone with you on the tour, but we are not responsible for any damages or losses that may happen.
- How many people go on each boat? We normally use boats of 12 or 18 guests and 2 skippers/guides. If you need more, we can take several boats or a bigger one. For charters or private tours, please get in touch with us for a personalized offer
- Should I book my dolphin watching in advance? Yes, we always recommend booking in advance. In high season, boats get often fully booked!
- What’s the best time to go dolphin watching? We highly recommend the morning trips, the earlier the better. In fact, normally there is less wind in the morning and the sea is calmer, but the evening trips may give you a prettier light. It’s up to you. All trips are amazing 😉 This is a great sea experience at any time.
- What happens if the expedition is cancelled? The dolphin tours are always subject to the weather and sea conditions. If the tour is expected to be cancelled, you will be contacted to try to reschedule. It may happen that the tours are cancelled last-minute as the sea can be rather unforeseeable and we want your safety above all. You’ll always be 100% refunded.
Similar experiences in Lisbon
Private sunset tour on a vintage boat in Lisbon
On this sunset on a vintage boat in Lisbon you will enjoy a special view over the astonishing P...
Private tour on a vintage yacht in Lisbon
During this private tour on a vintage yacht in Lisbon, you will be sailing along the Tagus Rive...
Private sailing tour in Lisbon
While staying in Portugal for your holidays, we offer you an unforgettable experience: a privat...
Historical Lisbon sailing boat tour
During this Lisbon sailing cruise you will be sailing along the Tagus River to enjoy a special ...