Benagil tour from Portimão
Are you ready for a Benagil tour from Portimão with time to swim?
This cave tour departs from Clube Naval de Portimão to cruise along the Algarve coastline, amazing rock formations and caves including the Benagil cave. The Benagil cave is the most popular among all rock formations of Portugal and should be on top of your list of things to do in the Algarve.
This cave tour from Portimão is the best way to explore the coastline of Benagil. The cave boat trip starts at the Clube Naval de Portimão. Here, you’ll comfortably get on board on our modern grotto boats which takes 18 participants and two members of crew. This boat is small enough to truly access the caves and when the ocean tide allows, to get into them and make stunning pictures. This cruise from Portimão will take you to up to 10 to 12 caves around the Benagil cave.
You’ll cruise along the coats and impressive caves from Portimão to the famous arches of Marinha. We’ll also cruise by the emblematic S. João do Arade Castle in Ferragudo from the 16th century. To make your holidays in the Algarve unforgettable, book this Benagil tour from Portimão now.
FAQ about the Benagil cave tour
- Do you need to know how to swim for this Benagil boat tour? No, you’ll only get into the water if you want to, while we stop for a quick swim.
- Can you get off the boat for a swim? Yes, swimming is allowed on this tour.
- Do we see the Benagil beach? Yes, of course, you will see both the Benagil beach and Benagil cave.
- Can you get in the cave? Being able to enter the cave depends on sea conditions. When the sea is flat, we go with the boat inside the caves. The bigger the waves, the less close we can get. We’ll guarantee that even if we cannot go into the cave, you’ll get an impressive view of it!
- Can you get off the boat in the Benagil cave? No. Local legislations don't allow passengers to disembark in the cave. However, we'll enter the cave as much as we can by boat and stay there so you can admire it and take some unique pictures.
- Is this Benagil boat tour suitable for babies and pregnant women? Yes, when the sea is calm, these sea cave tours are suitable for all ages. We also have life jackets for babies. Pregnant women are welcome. The boat driver will adapt the speed according to the guests onboard.
- How many caves will you see? This also depends on the sea conditions, but in general, we see around 10 to 12 different caves!
- Can you take your camera and phone with you on the Benagil tour? Yes, it’s OK to take your camera and phone with you on the tour, but we are not responsible for any damages or losses that may happen.
- How many people go on each boat? Each boat takes 18 people. If you need more than 18 seats, we can take several boats. For charters or private tours, please get in touch with us for a personalized offer.
- What’s the best time to do this cave tour? Highly recommend are the morning trips, the earlier the better. In fact, normally there is less wind early in the morning and the sea is calmer, but the evening trips may give you a prettier light. It’s up to you. All trips are amazing 😉 This is a great tour at any time.
- What’s the minimum and maximum age for this cave tour? There are no minimum or maximum ages. The boats are designed for a very smooth boarding process. We even take people in wheelchairs! For children, we have a special children price.
- Is the use of lifejackets mandatory? Are there lifejackets for children available? Yes and yes.
- Can you pay by card? No, please bring cash to pay the remaining amount of your ticket in cash.
- What happens if you book and come and the visit to the Benagil caves boat tour is cancelled? The boat tours are always subject to the weather and sea conditions. If we expect the tour to be cancelled, we will get in touch with you in the evening before your tour. It may happen that occasionally, the tours are cancelled last minute. We’re sorry, this may happen. You’ll always be 100% refunded.
Feel free to take a refreshing dive and enjoy a swim;
Get your cameras out, because the famous caves will provide for some great snapshots;
The perfect activity for your group of friends or family to celebrate special occasions;
This experience can be done all year round, depending on the weather and ocean conditions;
Visit hidden and inaccessible beaches and venture inside dark caves;
All sea experiences are subject to the weather and sea conditions. In case of bad conditions, we'll contact you to reschedule or arrange a refund;
Detailed tour operator information, including local phone number and exact address, is included in your confirmation email;
We recommend bringing sunscreen, swimming gear, a hat and a towel;
You'll pay a deposit to place your booking request and pay the remaining once your booking is confirmed, with the tour operator
A safety briefing by a multilingual guide, insurance and life-jackets are included;
We'll provide you with a bottle of water;
ReviewsSee all reviews
Similar experiences in Benagil
Discover the Benagil cave on a boat tour
If you are in Algarve or going there, don’t leave without visiting the most beautiful marine ca...
Benagil SUP tour
If you’re on holidays in the Algarve and would like to visit the famous marine cave of Benagil,...
Boat tour to Benagil from Lagos
Would you like to get to know the world-famous cave of Benagil from Lagos? That’s now finally p...
Benagil tour from Portimão Marina
This Benagil tour takes you to the famous Benagil cave! You’ll be able to enjoy the coastline f...