Benagil cave swimming tourInstant Booking
Clean & Safe
Are you ready for this Benagil cave swimming tour?
The Algar de Benagil, also known as Benagil cave, is one of the most famous tourist attractions in the Algarve. Most people visit Benagil cave on a boat tour, not being able to access the little beach inside. But on this unique Benagil cave swimming tour, you can really swim to the cave from the inside and get super close to the fascinating coastline!
This memorable 9-hour experience starts from Praia da Marinha. Here you will meet your friendly and experienced swimming guides, who will take you on a swim along the Algarve coast. You will swim 3km along the impressive rock formations and the innumerous caves and grottos around Benagil. The highlight of this swimming tour will be the Benagil cave of course.
Together with the help of your guides you can swim in the Benagil sea cave and access the beach inside. Thanks to their knowledge of the region, you don’t have to worry about finding the best spot to swim inside the Benagil cave, because they will tell you exactly where to go. After all this fun, the guides will take you out for a typical Portuguese lunch (lunch and water included) and a beautiful cliff walk around Algar seco in Carvoeiro. This way you can get to know the region both by sea and land.
Please make sure to bring all your swimming gear including a safety buoy, goggles, wetsuit (if necessary) and dry clothes for this experience. If you like, you can also book a transfer from Lagos to Praia da Marinha. Just get in touch with us for the prices and pick-up times. This Benagil cave swimming tour is for strong swimmers who feel comfortable being in the sea.
There is no better way to explore the Benagil cave than by swimming in it and in the surrounding region. Together with the local crew you will have a truly magical experience during this Benagil cave swimming tour!
- This experience will give you access exclusive areas far from the busy touristic areas;
- Enjoy the view over the amazing coastline from a unique perspective;
- In small groups, a more personal and fun experience is guaranteed;
- Getting closer to the fascinating coastline is impossible and you're environmentally friendly;
- This experience is the best way to explore the pretty coast while staying fit and also getting a beautiful tan;
- A safety briefing by a multilingual guide, insurance and life-jackets are included;
- A two-way transfer is optional. Please mention you'd like to use this service in the notes upon booking and let us know your address so we can get in touch with rates and schedules;
- A delicious lunch is included;
- We'll serve some drinks and snacks and feel free to bring your own as well;
- We recommend bringing sunscreen, swimming gear, a hat and a towel;
- The minimum age is 16 years old;
- To participate in this experience, you should be able to swim and feel comfortable in the sea;
- Please check-in 20 minutes before the start of the experience;
- All sea experiences are subject to the weather and sea conditions. In case of bad conditions, we'll contact you to reschedule or arrange a refund;
- Detailed tour operator information, including local phone number and exact address, is included in your confirmation email;
Book ahead to guarantee your seat
Clean & SafeBenagil cave swimming tour