Are you ready for a boat tour to Nazaré Canyon?
If you’re on holidays around the fishing village Nazaré
in central Portugal, you probably already know about the famous giant waves that attract professional big wave surfers from all around the world every year
. But do you already know how these massive waves form? Let us show you on this boat tour to Nazaré Canyon!
The Nazaré Canyon is an underwater canyon just outside the coast of Nazaré. It is a special geological phenomenon and researchers from all around the world are trying to explain how it formed. This canyon is the reason for the huge waves that can come up around the coast of Nazaré! On this boat tour to Nazaré Canyon, we will take you to visit this interesting geological place. Through our sounder on board, you can actually see the formations underwater. The experienced crew knows the region very well and they will be happy to share their knowledge about this natural wavemaker. Don’t worry though, even if it is the place where massive waves form, it’s still safe to go there!
Did you know that the wave of Nazaré has been the place where the world record for the biggest wave ever surfed was made? Seeing the record-breaking wave in real life is definitely impressive and will make you feel very small. That's why it's so interesting to see and learn where they come from! What are you waiting for? Join us for this 1-hour tour starting from Nazaré Harbour on board of our modern and safe RIB boat for an interesting and exciting boat tour to Nazaré Canyon.
- This experience will give you access exclusive areas far from the busy touristic areas;
- Enjoy the view over the amazing coastline from a unique perspective;
- Smart and skilled staff, willing to provide you an unforgettable experience;
- A safety briefing by a multilingual guide, insurance and life-jackets are included;
- A local captain will give you onboard commentary about the sights;
- We recommend bringing sunscreen and comfortable clothes;
- We recommend bringing your camera for the greatest pics of your holidays;
- We recommend bringing a snack and water;
- The minimum age is 2 years old;
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women or people with back/neck problems;
- Please check-in 15 minutes before the start of the experience;
- Detailed tour operator information, including local phone number and exact address, is included in your confirmation email;