Swimming with dolphins in PicoInstant Booking
Clean & Safe
- Speed boat
Are you ready to go swimming with dolphins in Pico?
Imagine yourself swimming in the middle of the deep blue ocean of the Atlantic. Now, can you imagine yourself interacting closely with wild dolphins in their natural habitat? Join us for this unforgettable experience swimming with dolphins in Pico, Azores! You will be close enough to hear and observe these beautiful creatures!
Join us on this ultimate experience: swimming with dolphins in Pico in the crystal clear waters of the Atlantic. These encounters with wild dolphins in their natural environment while swimming next to them is a truly unique experience. Swimming with dolphins in the wild will leave you full of emotion and lasting memories of the Azores.
Swimming with dolphins in Pico is carried out in small groups from a zodiac boat. The excursion is led by a qualified marine biologist or nature guide. Each swimming tour starts with a briefing. The biologist will explain the rules and best practices. You’ll learn how to swim with wild dolphins while respecting them. You’ll learn about how to enter the water and behave around the dolphins for respectful interaction. And of course, you’ll be taught about how to use the mask and snorkel and how to get the most out of your experience.
The swimming with dolphins in Pico includes masks, snorkels and wetsuits for this activity.
- Watch, hear and be close to wild dolphins in their natural habitat;
- Before boarding the boat, you’ll be provided with a general presentation about: the dolphin species, how to swim with dolphins responsibly in the wild, how to use a mask and snorkel, rules and how to behave around the dolphins and safety measures aboard;
- Swimming with whales is forbidden in the Azores. However, there are several species of dolphins that you are able to swim with;
- People wishing to undertake this activity should be confident swimming in open water in the middle of the ocean;
- We guarantee you swimming with dolphins in São Miguel will be your ultimate holiday experience and make your trip to the Azores unforgettable!
- This tour is not recommended for people with lower back problems and pregnant women. Please let us know if you have any of these conditions;
- Bring comfortable clothes, swimming suit, towel, hat, sunblock and water;
- Includes masks, snorkels and wetsuits;
- The minimum age for swimming with dolphins is 8 years old;
- Responsible swimming with dolphin guidelines forbid touching the wild animals;
- Food and drinks are not included; feel free to bring our own;
- Check-in should be done at the location provided on your ticket 30 minutes before departure;
- The operator’s phone number and address are included in your confirmation email.
Similar experiences in Azores
Book ahead to guarantee your seat
Clean & SafeSwimming with dolphins in Pico