Are you ready for a Ria Formosa SUP Tour?
The marine reserve of Ria Formosa is a must-see during your holidays in the Algarve.
It is a precious jewel and a completely different side of the region than the beach and coastal towns all around. And the most fun way to explore the Ria Formosa is on a Stand-Up Paddling tour! Join us for this unforgettable Ria Formosa SUP Tour to really get to know the fascinating nature of the marine reserve.
For this Ria Formosa SUP experience, you will meet your friendly SUP guide at our watersports centre in Cabanas de Tavira.
Here you will receive everything you need for a successful SUP tour - board, paddle and a big dose of motivation! If you also want a wetsuit, you can rent this extra (15€). This tour usually takes place in the morning, when there is less wind and the world is just waking up.
Once everybody is ready, we will go out to explore the famous Ria Formosa natural park in a sustainable and active way. It doesn’t matter if you already have some experience or whether it is your first time trying SUP. It is very easy to learn and with the help of our experienced guides, you will get the hang of it in no time.
During the Ria Formosa SUP Tour, we will paddle along the precious nature of the Ria Formosa. This natural lagoon is the perfect place to do stand-up paddling because the water is nice and calm and very inviting to spend 1 hour paddling around it. This activity is a great way to make your stay in the Algarve even more unforgettable, so bring your friends and family to enjoy a great time with you!
- Enjoy the view over the amazing coastline from a unique perspective;
- This experience will give you access exclusive areas far from the busy touristic areas;
- In small groups, a more personal and fun experience is guaranteed;
- One of the reasons SUP is so popular is that it's very easy to learn;
- All sea experiences are subject to the weather and sea conditions. In case of bad conditions, we'll contact you to reschedule or arrange a refund;
- Detailed tour operator information, including local phone number and exact address, is included in your confirmation email;
- Please check-in 20 minutes before the start of the experience;
- The minimum age is 8 years old;
- We recommend bringing sunscreen, swimming gear, a hat and a towel;
- To participate in this experience, you should be able to swim and feel comfortable in the sea;
- All you need for a SUP tour is included: guide, SUP board, paddle, and leash;
- Before getting into the water, you'll have a brief beach class to learn the basics or refresh your knowledge;
- If you feel like a refreshment, take a dive into the crystal-clear water;