Boat trip to Benagil from Ferragudo
Are you ready for a boat trip to Benagil from Ferragudo?
FAQ about the Benagil cave tour
- Does this boat cruise to Benagil from Ferragudo only depart from Ferragudo or can we also board in Portimão? Yes, you can also board in Portimão, at the Clube Naval. Just let us know in the booking notes. No additional feed will apply.
- Do you need to know how to swim for this boat ride? No, you’ll get onto the boat at the dock of Ferragudo and you’ll almost won’t get wet and the tour finishes here too.
- Can you get off the boat for a swim? No, no swimming is allowed on this tour. The only way to swim on this tour is to book it as a private tour.
- Do we see the Benagil beach? Yes, you will see both the Benagil beach and Benagil sea cave.
- Can you get in the cave on this tour? Yes, usually we can get into the Benagil cave but this depends on the sea conditions. When the sea is flat, we go with the boat inside the caves. The bigger the waves, the less close we can get. We’ll guarantee that even if we cannot go into the cave, you’ll get an impressive view of it! We have a small boat to enter even in the smallest caves of the Algarve coast.
- Can you get off the boat in the Benagil cave? No, local regulations don't allow passengers to disembark in the Benagil cave. However, we'll enter the cave as much as we can by boat and stay there so you can admire it and take some unique pictures.
- Is this Benagil tour suitable for babies and pregnant women? Yes, when the sea is calm, these sea tours are suitable for all ages. We also have life jackets for babies. Pregnant women are welcome too. The boat driver will adapt the speed according to the guests onboard.
- How many caves will you see? This also depends on the sea conditions, but in general, we see around 15 to 20 different caves!
- Can you take your camera and phone with you? Yes, it’s OK to take your camera and phone with you on the tour, but we are not responsible for any damages or losses that may happen.
- How many people go on the boat? The boat takes 11 people. If you need more than 11 seats, we can take several boats. For charters or private tours, feel free to get in touch with us for a personalized offer.
- What’s the best time to do this Benagil tour? We highly recommend the morning trips, the earlier the better because normally there is less wind early in the morning and the sea is calmer. But the evening trips may give you a prettier light. It’s up to you. All trips are amazing 😉 This is a great trip at any time.
- What’s the minimum and maximum age for this tour? As the boat is designed for a very smooth boarding process, there are no minimum or maximum ages.
- Is the use of lifejackets mandatory? Are there lifejackets for children available? Yes and yes.
- Can you pay by card? No, please bring cash to pay the remaining amount of your ticket in cash.
- What happens if you book and come and the boat tour is cancelled? The boat tours are always subject to the weather and sea conditions and we value safety above all. If we expect the tour to be cancelled, we will get in touch with you in the evening before your tour. It may happen that occasionally, the tours are cancelled last minute. We’re sorry, but safety and comfort come first! You’ll always be 100% refunded.
Enjoy the view over the amazing coastline from a unique perspective;
Get your cameras out, because the famous caves will provide for some great snapshots;
Smart, young and skilled staff, willing to provide you an unforgettable experience;
This experience will give you access exclusive areas far from the busy touristic areas;
All sea experiences are subject to the weather and sea conditions. In case of bad conditions, we'll contact you to reschedule or arrange a refund;
Food is not included. If you wish, you can book a special catering for food. Please contact the tour operator once you’ve booked;
Please check-in 15 minutes before the start of the experience;
We recommend bringing sunscreen, swimming gear, a hat and a towel;
A local captain will give you onboard commentary about the sights;
A safety briefing by a multilingual guide, insurance and life-jackets are included;
ReviewsSee all reviews