Are you ready for a boat trip to Benagil from Ferragudo?
This boat trip to Benagil from Ferragudo is the perfect option to visit the famous Benagil caves if you’re staying in the authentic fishermen village of Ferragudo
! The Benagil cave tours are the best way to explore the amazing coastline between Ferragudo and Benagil together with your friends and family!
At the Cais of Ferragudo, we will welcome you on board of our modern and safe boat, the “Matrix”. This boat is a small boat so you can truly access the caves. Our experienced staff will make sure you have memorable moments on this 2-hour tour to Benagil. The Benagil cave is one of Europe’s most famous and beautiful marine caves and definitely worth a visit during your holidays in Ferragudo!
Besides the unique Benagil cave, we will also cruise along another 15-20 caves and grottos of the Algarve coastline that can be found between Ferragudo and Benagil. You'll be impressed by the many beautiful beaches and rock formations.
Make sure to bring your camera to take some impressive photos of the unique coastline of the Algarve! Together with your friends and family (maximum 10 people), you will have an unforgettable time on this boat trip to Benagil from Ferragudo!
FAQ about the Benagil cave tour
- Does this boat cruise to Benagil from Ferragudo only depart from Ferragudo or can we also board in Portimão? Yes, you can also board in Portimão, at the Clube Naval. Just let us know in the booking notes. No additional feed will apply.
- Do you need to know how to swim for this boat ride? No, you’ll get onto the boat at the dock of Ferragudo and you’ll almost won’t get wet and the tour finishes here too.
- Can you get off the boat for a swim? No, no swimming is allowed on this tour. The only way to swim on this tour is to book it as a private tour.
- Do we see the Benagil beach? Yes, you will see both the Benagil beach and Benagil sea cave.
- Can you get in the cave on this tour? Yes, usually we can get into the Benagil cave but this depends on the sea conditions. When the sea is flat, we go with the boat inside the caves. The bigger the waves, the less close we can get. We’ll guarantee that even if we cannot go into the cave, you’ll get an impressive view of it! We have a small boat to enter even in the smallest caves of the Algarve coast.
- Can you get off the boat in the Benagil cave? No, local regulations don't allow passengers to disembark in the Benagil cave. However, we'll enter the cave as much as we can by boat and stay there so you can admire it and take some unique pictures.
- Is this Benagil tour suitable for babies and pregnant women? Yes, when the sea is calm, these sea tours are suitable for all ages. We also have life jackets for babies. Pregnant women are welcome too. The boat driver will adapt the speed according to the guests onboard.
- How many caves will you see? This also depends on the sea conditions, but in general, we see around 15 to 20 different caves!
- Can you take your camera and phone with you? Yes, it’s OK to take your camera and phone with you on the tour, but we are not responsible for any damages or losses that may happen.
- How many people go on the boat? The boat takes 11 people. If you need more than 11 seats, we can take several boats. For charters or private tours, feel free to get in touch with us for a personalized offer.
- What’s the best time to do this Benagil tour? We highly recommend the morning trips, the earlier the better because normally there is less wind early in the morning and the sea is calmer. But the evening trips may give you a prettier light. It’s up to you. All trips are amazing 😉 This is a great trip at any time.
- What’s the minimum and maximum age for this tour? As the boat is designed for a very smooth boarding process, there are no minimum or maximum ages.
- Is the use of lifejackets mandatory? Are there lifejackets for children available? Yes and yes.
- Can you pay by card? No, please bring cash to pay the remaining amount of your ticket in cash.
- What happens if you book and come and the boat tour is cancelled? The boat tours are always subject to the weather and sea conditions and we value safety above all. If we expect the tour to be cancelled, we will get in touch with you in the evening before your tour. It may happen that occasionally, the tours are cancelled last minute. We’re sorry, but safety and comfort come first! You’ll always be 100% refunded.