Are you ready for a full-day tour in São Miguel? Join this tour for whale watching and a visit to the "Furnas" in Azores!
If you’re on holidays in the Azores
together with your friends and family and looking for a fun full-day experience, check out this full-day experience! Join a memorable boat ride to spot whales and dolphins, enjoy the most delicious local food, see the crater Lake & Village, and exotic botanic gardens, end with a relaxing thermal bath
! On this full-day immersion into São Miguel you will enjoy the best things the Azores have to offer!
Meet your local crew at the Marina of Vila Franca do Campo in the morning to start this exciting adventure. Come on board the fast and stable RIB boat on which you will get to explore the Atlantic Ocean. Before the tour starts, you will receive a short briefing about what to expect and also learn some interesting facts about the local whales and dolphins.
First up during this whale watching and Furnas boat tour in Azores is the wildlife observation. Together with marine biologists, we will go out for 3 hours to the sea to search for whales and dolphins in their natural habitat. Seeing these creatures enjoying their freedom is simply a magical experience!
After all this fun, we will return to the Marina and go by van to the Furnas volcano as well as to the valley and lake. The landscape is very unique and we’re sure you will be amazed by the natural beauty. After the sightseeing, there is going to be a delicious lunch at a local restaurant.
Next up is a visit to the spots with a volcanic activity where you can admire the true power of the volcano. Afterwards, you will have 1 hour to walk around the area and explore the Furnas region. The end of the tour will be a tour around the Terra Nostra Garden to admire the botanical gardens of the Azores!
This whale watching and Furnas boat tour in the Azores is a great option for families and group of friends who love nature and really want to experience the local environment! This tour only takes place from October to June.
Summary of this full-day experience:
- 8:30 Dolphins and whales boat tour from Vila Franca do Campo.
- 11:30 Return to the Marina, for a short van tour up the Furnas volcano crater.
- 12:30 Lunch in a village restaurant, where you can opt for the most genuine island meal, an authentic geyser-cooked “cozido”.
- 14:00 Visit nearby volcanic activity, and taste the mineral waters.
- 15:30 Guided tour at Terra Nostra Gardens gate.
- 17:30 Head back to the Marina for check-out.
- This boat tour is a good choice for families and groups of friends who are passionate about the ocean, nature and adventure;
- Enjoy the view over the amazing coastline from a unique perspective;
- Extremely high chance of spotting wild dolphins with the experienced crew;
- This experience will give you access to exclusive areas far from the busy touristic areas;
- A safety briefing by a multilingual guide, insurance and life-jackets are included;
- A local captain will give you onboard commentary about the sights;
- A delicious lunch is included;
- Guided Van Tour, Guided Botanic Garden Tour, Admission to Terra Nostra Garden & Hotsprings.
- We recommend bringing sunscreen and comfortable clothes;
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women or people with back/neck problems;
- Hot Springs’ mineral water will damage swimwear color - bring one you can spare!
- The minimum age is 4 years old;
- Please check-in 20 minutes before the start of the experience;
- Detailed tour operator information, including local phone number and exact address, is included in your confirmation email.