Are you ready for a unique experience snorkeling with dolphins in São Miguel?
This excursion will take you snorkeling with dolphins in São Miguel to enjoy the Atlantic underwater scenario of the Azores Islands! This boat tour provides a unique insight to the season’s coastal marine fauna and flora in the heart of the Atlantic. This activity is only done from June to September.
You will meet us at the Marina of Vila Franca do Campo for check-in and equipment setup, at the specified time. The journey will start with a short briefing introducing you to the local species we may encounter. We’ll also inform you how we do these trips in a responsible manner, onboard safety, and snorkeling equipment usage (be aware you won't be wearing flippers for safety and nature respect). Did you know we have a lookout high inland in the mountains to help us find wildlife? Our staff at the lookout will then locate our friends, and provide directions. We’ll approach the dolphins slowly to carefully evaluate the conditions. If all is OK, be prepared to go into the water! Two swimmers will alternate in the water.
Some dolphins may come close as they’re very friendly and curious. We promise this snorkeling with dolphins in São Miguel will be one of the most unforgettable experiences of your holidays. On the second part of the tour, the boat will travel to a coastal location for snorkeling, to discover the characteristic marine fauna and flora. The excursion will end in the Marina where we departed from with a short debrief.
- The dolphins and whales are wild animals and not fed so we can never guarantee if we find them and what species we’ll find. It’s a true adventure!
- If you’re unlucky and we do not find any dolphins, we welcome you back onboard for another tour free of charge within 30 days;
- Our boat only takes 8 people for a more personal experience;
- Before, during and after the snorkeling with dolphins in São Miguel, we’re happy to share all the information we know about local flora and fauna.
- Not recommended for pregnant women, people with back and neck problems;
- Eat light before this excursion;
- Bring sunscreen, swimming gear, a towel, hat and sun protection;
- Bring a camera to photograph the immense times of fun (please protect electronic equipment);
- Safety briefing and all gear included;
- Food and drinks are not included, feel free to bring your own;
- Please check-in 15 minutes before departure of your tour;
- Detailed tour operator information, including direct phone number and address, are included in your confirmation email.