Are you ready for a full-day experience in Vila Franca do Campo to go whale watching and visit the famous Princess Ring?
Have you heard of the Princess Ring on the Azores yet? It’s a natural reserve just outside of Vila Franca do Campo. Its natural pools and volcanic crater in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean will enchant you. And did you know that there is a lot of marine wildlife that you can find around here, and even wild dolphins and whales? This full-day experience in Vila Franca do Campo includes two boat trips and a break for lunch. The two boat trips take place on different types of boats. A must-do for ocean-lovers!
The first unforgettable boat ride starts from the Marina of Vila Franca do Campo, where you will come on board of the fast and stable RIB boat to try to spot some wild whales and dolphins. Your friendly and experienced crew will welcome you and give you a short briefing about what to expect on the tour and how to behave when you approach the whales in the sea. During about 3 hours, you will be out at high sea around the Azores coastline to look for wild whales in their natural habitat. It is a truly magical experience seeing these special mammals having a great time and enjoying their freedom!
If you're looking for a boat trip that respects the ocean and its magical creatures, here you are! This local tour operator is certified by the World Cetacean Alliance (WCA) – the world’s largest marine conservation partnership, assessing animal welfare, conservation, and sustainability standards. The vessels used for the tours are small expeditionary rigid inflatable boats with most consumption and noise efficient engines available – improving proximity to the whales with minimal environmental impact. Want to know more about ocean conservation? Join this tour!
After the first exciting boat trip, you will return to Marina and enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant (included). And in the afternoon, the next adventure will be the exploration of the Princess Ring islet just outside of the Marina of Vila Franca do Campo.
At the Marina, you will be provided with your snorkeling gear, and a ticket to travel 10 minutes on a converted traditional fishing boat to the islet. This part of the experience is self-guided and you'll be free to explore the natural reserve Princess Ring as you wish. Enjoy the time to get to explore this unique volcanic crater and natural pool with views to the open Atlantic the region, sunbathe and swim in the crystal clear waters.
You can choose how long you'd like to stay at the Islet. Boats depart from the Islet back to the Marina on every hour until 17:30 - be sure not to miss it! You'll meet the crew at the Marina for check-out and returning your snorkeling gear after a day full of beautiful memories and new impressions.
This full-day pack to go whale watching and snorkeling at the Princess Ring is an unforgettable activity for your friends and family during your stay on the island. Join us now! This tour only takes place from June to October.
Summary of this full-day experience:
- 8:30 Whales and Dolphins boat tour from Vila Franca do Campo.
- 11:30 Return to the Marina for a local food lunch at a seafront village restaurant
- 13:30 Self-guided snorkeling trip to the Princess Ring
- 17:00 Head back to the Marina for check-out.
- This boat tour is a good choice for families and groups of friends who are passionate about the ocean, nature and adventure;
- Enjoy the view over the amazing coastline from a unique perspective;
- Extremely high chance of spotting wild dolphins with the experienced crew;
- This experience will give you access to exclusive areas far from the busy touristic areas;
- A safety briefing by a multilingual guide, insurance and life-jackets are included;
- A local captain will give you onboard commentary about the sights;
- A delicious lunch is included;
- We recommend bringing sunscreen and comfortable clothes;
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women or people with back/neck problems;
- The minimum age is 4 years old;
- Please check-in 20 minutes before the start of the experience;
- Detailed tour operator information, including local phone number and exact address, is included in your confirmation email.